Monday 1 June 2015

Digital Portfolio

Lilly Carr
AWQ 4M1
June 10, 2015




Pillows
April Color Project

EOS
April Color Project
Balloon Collision
Balloon Portrait Project

Balloons in the Dirt
Balloon Portrait Project

Balloon Candid
Balloon Portrait Project

The Street
DSLR Project

My Car
DSLR Project

Fake Apples
DSLR Project

Reflections
March Winter Project

Gazebo
March Winter Project

Webbing
March Winter Project

Looking Up
Portraits Project

Smiling
Portraits Project


  1. The style of photography that appeals to me most is portraits
    1. I like this style because I really like working with people, and they are a lot more fun to interact with while photographing. In portraits you can capture emotion better than if you were to photograph a bowl of fruit or a landscape.
  2. I think that my strengths in photography are being able to tell my subjects what to do, or to position them properly.
  3. In this portfolio I think that the last 2 shots Smiling and Looking Up are what exemplify my strengths.
  4. In order to improve in photography I think that I will have to practise sometimes getting down or up to eye level of my subject. Usually when I photograph I take it from my eye level and all the pictures are from the same angle. Moving around and getting closer to my subjects would create more visually interesting photographs and make my photography stronger.
  5. I think in my portfolio the photograph Balloon Collision shows that. I could have taken it at a different angle to make it more visually interesting.
6. I chose The Street to examine in depth. I think that the feeling and mood of the photograph is dark and mysterious, maybe even a bit depressing. I think that it displays these feelings and moods because of the weather and clouds, the farther down the street you look the darker the street and clouds get. You can see that it has recently been raining in the street and that adds to the depressing mood.






No comments:

Post a Comment